Time to Make a Change

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

Since my dad wears disposable undergarments, he is not always aware of when he needs to change them. Sometimes, I can tell from standing near him, but it's difficult to know how to tell your father who prides himself in being independent that he needs to make a change.

Some of the times he had leaky spots on his chair when he got up, I thought that possibly he was getting his disposable undergarments on backwards due to his Macular Degeneration. I started putting a big X on the front of them, so it was easier for him to tell front from back. This eliminated some of the leaks, but not all.

One time, my daughter had been visiting and was getting ready to leave, that she could see wet marks on the back of her grandfather's khaki colored pants as he walked away from her. She told me and I suggested that she say good-bye, so that I can tell him privately that he had sprung a leak. I don't always know how to do this tactfully, but God provides the instincts and words when they are needed. I am truly blessed! Trust in the LORD with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.



Caregiving Video: Changing and Disposing of an Adult Diaper
By: WellSpringDirect via You Tube


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog