He Snapped Back, but it Was Really that He Needed Reassurance

Hear ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding. Proverbs 4:1

When I went in my dad's room, I noticed he was half on the bed with his legs hanging over the side. I asked him if he was getting up, because he might go slip-sliding off the bed again if he hangs off like that. He snapped back that I'm always picking on him, which hurt my feelings, but I had to get my two cents in first, before leaving the room.

In near tears, I prayed, and the feeling that God gave me, which is how He works in my life is that again, I have to remember that my dad has given up so much independence and his ability to move around the way he wants. It's normal that he's not always going to be happy and I need to not take things so personally.

I remember the video I had recently posted: Unhappy Behavior in Seniors by Care Corner. I think this link will take you to the video. She suggested that you talk to the Senior and ask what I can do to help make things better for you. God had it weighing very heavily on my heart that this was a good time to give this a try, so I did.

What I found out was my dad needed some reassurance that he wasn't disrupting our lives. I've found that he needs that periodically. The biggest thing I found was that he was really worried about his taxes. They need to be filed before long and he has Macular Degeneration and can't do all of that himself. It's difficult for him to ask for assistance, but once I knew what was bothering him, it was easy enough to get on the computer and log in his medical expenses, etc. I am so blessed that God guides me through the difficult times and gives me instincts to remedy them. Hear ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding. Proverbs 4:1

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.





Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog