The Difference a Day Makes

Romans 10: 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Wednesday my dad had an exceptional day. His new physical therapist came and they had their first session together. I think he felt empowered. We had dinner together, watched a little TV together and he went to bed early, because he had a routine doctor's visit at the VA Clinic.

I got up around 5:30 a.m. because we needed to leave by 7 a.m. to get there in plenty of time for my dad's lab work. I decided to wake up my dad, because he likes to have plenty of time to get ready without having to be rushed.

He had a difficult time getting up and was still sitting on the edge of the bed with a new disposable undergarments in his hand 20minutes after I had given it to him. He was unable to dress himself after many prompts. It was almost time to leave and my husband ended up helping my dad get ready, so we wouldn't be late for his labs.

When we got to the doctor's appointment, we were told my dad had an elevated white blood count which was possibly an UTI. Because he had been somewhat disoriented through the day, we needed to go where they had more advanced medical equipment in case he needed further tests. 

We decided to go to the local hospital. They found that my dad had a urinary tract infection and they suggested admitting them to the hospital, but I declined because I thought I could watch my dad better at home. They told me that I should reconsider my decision. He didn't have a bladder infection, he had a kidney infection. They explained that either was a serious matter for someone his age where it wasn't as significant for someone my age and he could get Sepsis if the infection got into his blood. We admitted my dad with an agreement that I could spend the night in my dad's room.
Romans 10: 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 


Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.



Caregiving Video: Bladder Infection Among the Elderly
By: Bart's Byte, My Care Journey via You Tube



Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog