Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

Acts 13: 22 And when He had removed him, He raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also He gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine Own heart, which shall fulfill all My will. 23 Of this man’s seed hath God according to His promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

Dad's fever spiked shortly after he was admitted into the hospital for a severe kidney infection which made him even more disoriented. It's difficult seeing your parent having such a difficult time. In addition to this, it changed his personality, especially when he was disoriented.

He was less than cooperative with me and the hospital staff. We had a specifically difficult time getting him to remove his false teeth. He normally pulls them out every night, but wouldn't the night he was admitted to the hospital. The nurse tried to remove his dentures for him, but he wouldn't let her. I felt badly, so I put gloves on and tried to removes his denture, but he wasn't about to budge on it. It wasn't until around 4:30 a.m. when someone was taking his blood pressure that he finally agreed to take them out. It was a sign he was on the mend.

I was beside myself the next day when he kept sliding down in his chair teetering on the edge and wouldn't sit up when I asked him. He told me no if I offered to help him up or when I offered to get staff to help him. One of the nurse noticed and told me not to take it too personally, because he wasn't in his right mind with the kidney infection and fever. God blessed me by providing the right person at the right time to give me the moral support I needed. (Although this passage only ties in through the word "removed" I love the message foretelling about Jesus and used it anyway.) Acts 13: 22 And when He had removed him, He raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also He gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine Own heart, which shall fulfill all My will. 23 Of this man’s seed hath God according to His promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:


Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: CurePSPHowTo via You Tube



Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog