Dad Loved the Assisted Living Facility

Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 

When Dad got discharged, we thought he smelled like he had recently had a bowel movement, but he said not. He was so excited about going to the new Assisted Living facility, he didn't want anything to interfere with leaving the nursing home.

We had to stop by the bank to arrange for the rent checks to automatically be sent to the Assisted Living facility each month, since Dad had a difficult time writing checks. When we first got there, my husband decided that my dad really needed to use the bathroom. It's a good thing they went, because Dad was covered all over. My husband was very thoughtful to clean up my dad while I made the arrangements for the rent payments to be sent.

He loved the Assisted Living facility and felt a renewed sense of independence. We had gotten him a bigger wall TV because the one we had at home was difficult for him to see with his macular degeneration. It's the happiest I had seen my Dad in a long time. Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.



Caregiving Video: Caregivers Find Financial Help to Pay for Stroke Medical Bills
By: Kathi Haumann, book by Dr. Steffie Woodhandler via You Tube


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog