God Provided for My Dad Even When I Was About to Give Up

Ephesians 6: 10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Dad loved the new Assisted Living facility and was getting his home health services there. He felt so strong that he tried to walk without his walker and fell on the tiled bathroom floor. Two days later, he was dehydrated and started talking incoherently and the staff made a 911 call, because they thought he was having a stroke.

It turned out after they ran all the tests, he wasn't having a stroke and was just dehydrated coupled with the fact that he had gotten c-diff, a terribly contagious bowel infection that causes diarrhea and he'd have to be quarantined while he healed. Then we found out that he could not return to the Assisted Living facility while he had it, because the other residents could get it.

That left us with a big dilemma. He could go back to the nursing home that he couldn't afford or we could find alternate housing for him while he healed from the c-diff. I prayed and called and called and prayed trying to find an alternate option for my dad. They said he couldn't come here, because the grandkids would be exposed plus Dad didn't want me helping him with his bathrooming. 

Finally, we were given the suggestion of a group home in town that he could afford, but I was discouraged to find out that it was full. Later that night, a miracle happened. The owner of the group home called and said that she figured out a way, so that my dad could stay there while he healed- a definite prayer answered! Ephesians 6: 10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog