I Was Weak Alright

Mark 14:38 Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak. 

I had told the hospital doctor that my dad wanted to return home after leaving the hospital and he told me emphatically that was not going to happen!  He said that my dad had to go to the acute rehab center or to skilled nursing for another two weeks or so.

Well my dad would have to pay out of pocket for the skilled nursing, since he had already used the 20 days that Medicare allows per period of time. The skilled nursing ran $4,710 per month out-of-pocket. Medicare would have covered the acute rehab center, but dad wouldn't qualify because they did three hours of physical therapy a day, which was too rigorous for my dad.

I was beside myself, so all I could do it pray, and pray some more. I sent a text to the contact from the home health services to explain that Dad would be able to return to the group home for two plus weeks. I was trying to find out if we had any other options, because dad couldn't afford to pay for skilled nursing during the same month that he had paid for both the Assisted Living facility and the group home.

That's when God stepped in and worked all types of miracles through many people open to doing His will. The contact from the home health agency drove all the way to our town and talked with the case manager/social worker. The social worker talked to the doctor and the hospital doctor agreed to let my dad go back to the group home, provided that he had a nurse visit him each day for the first two weeks.

I contacted the home health agency to get that in motion, knowing Dad may have to pay for a couple of nurse visits, but that was lots cheaper than going to the nursing home. I had been weak and didn't know what to do, but God provided these people to work a miraculous change in the doctor's heart to allow him to go back home (group home.) Although he's not a spring chicken any more, he's healed pretty well. Mark 14:38 Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak.

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.



Caregiving Video: Caregiver Safety- The 5 Basics- Safety Training Video
By: Safety Memo via You Tube



Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog