A Lesson Learned!

A fool despiseth his father's instruction: but he that regardeth reproof is prudent. Proverbs 15:5

My father always told me not to shuffle my feet when I was younger. He would have me walk back and forth practicing raising my feet when I walk. Having fallen more times that I would like to admit, I realize that I was defiant back then and shuffled my feet every time I could. I Cut Off My Nose to Spite My Face, as the saying goes.

It seems that this has been true in so many other situations with Dad. The doctor's or the nurses tell me something is important, needs to be tended to right then. I take it to heart to try to address those issues in Dad's care, but he isn't concerned about it and puts it off on the back burner, something that has caused me frustration, at times.

The reason that I'm writing about this is that more often than not, Dad was right. In hind sight, the issue didn't need to be addressed yet and/or resolved itself with out my interceding. I find that pretty amazing, since I was trying to listen to the urgency of medical professionals and thought I was trying to accomplish what was right when I should have listened to Dad-a lesson learned!

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.



Video: Medicine Cabinet Safety Check-Senior Care Corner Family Caregiver Video Tips
By: Kathy, SeniorCareCorner.com, via You Tube



Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog