Dad Was Saying He Needed New Dentures Again

Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Matthew 19: 19

Dad said that he needed new dentures. We had gone to a dentist a year earlier when he said that and we were told that the quality of his dentures were excellent. She didn't advise getting new ones, but said that he needed them relined.

Now, Dad was saying that he needed new dentures again. Once my dad gets it in his mind, it is very difficult to explain the logic to him. I talked to one of the nurses and she said they could swab Dad's gums and that might help, but he continued to bring up the need for new dentures. I wasn't quite sure what to do. New dentures are expensive and I was told he didn't need them, but I didn't want Dad upset or uncomfortable. I prayed about it and fortunately, God had it work out perfectly!

I asked the nurse to see if Dad could be scheduled for a dentist appointment and they did. I kept thinking that Dad would go in and ask for a new pair of dentures and they might just do what he asked regardless of whether he needed them or not. Fortunately, God had the appointment on a day that my husband and I were able to go with him. The dentist was very supportive and checked Dad's gums and bite out thoroughly. She said that he didn't need new dentures and that they were very good dentures, but that he maybe needed spots ground down on them, so they didn't rub on his jaw bone. She did this several times and never complained when Dad said it was still rough in spots. God provided an honest dentist that didn't take advantage of my dad and was sensitive to his needs. We are truly blessed! Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Matthew 19: 19

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: Janet Cuoghi, IsleofWightNHS, via You Tube


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog