A 50/50 Visit

A man hath joy by the answer of his mouth: and a word spoken in due season, how good is it! Proverbs 15: 23

I needed to deliver gifts to my son's family, but they live quite a distance away. We decided to meet at Dad's Veteran's Home which is about midway. We ordered lunch and ate with him in a room that adjoins the dining hall. That made our lunch with Dad a little more private. 

We played some dominoes with Dad while we waited for the lunches to be delivered. Dad's the Domino Champ, so you have to get up pretty early to fool Dad. We had a great time, a great lunch and they even posed for me to take some pictures. I was a happy camper!

This 50/50 visit at the Veteran's Home worked out for all involved. Dad enjoyed getting to have all of us visit at the same time. It wasn't as far for any of us to drive in the potentially bad weather. We'll have to try this from time-to-time, because it really worked out well. We are all very blessed to have this extra time with Dad!


Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: info4yourlife, FYL, Irene Ornella, Gregory Kis via You Tube


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog