Which Hospital?

Children's children are the crown of old men; and the glory of children are their fathers. Proverbs 17:6

That night, I went to get my cell phone in the kitchen to plug into the charger and saw we had gotten a call from the Veteran's Home. When I called back, they said that Dad was sent to the hospital, because he was throwing up brown stuff and they thought it was blood. They thought he was sent to the bigger hospital about 30 miles away from the Veteran's Home. I called the big hospital to find out how Dad was doing, before we headed off to go see him. They told me that they didn't have anyone there by that name. It's a little disconcerting to get that response, but I knew there was a smaller, satellite hospital in the same town as the Veteran's Home, so I called them.

Fortunately, Dad was there. I explained we were in the process of packing to come see him, because either hospital is about an hour or so away and we would probably be staying for several days. The doctor I talked to said to wait on coming, because they might have to send him to the big hospital, depending on the results of his tests. He kindly told me that he would call me when they make that determination.

He called shortly after midnight and said that they were going to keep Dad at the little hospital, since his problems had more to do with his digestive systems. I was so relieved to know that he didn't have pneumonia again, which has been a reoccurring problem for Dad. The doctor said that Dad was already in bed. Since it was after midnight, we decided to get a good night's sleep and go up the next morning. They treated Dad for several days and he was able to go back to the Veteran's Home. Yeah! We have been so blessed by having this extra time with Dad! Children's children are the crown of old men; and the glory of children are their fathers. Proverbs 17:6

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog