It's Not the Verse That I Don't Like, I Don't Like That Some Do This...

Whoso robbeth his father or his mother, and saith, It is no transgression: the same is the companion of a destroyer. Proverbs 28:24


I really don't like the thought of the verse above. It bothers me that there are some who take advantage of their elderly parents. Some who rob them blind, so they can't afford to pay for their care, housing, bills, etc.

It's not the verse I don't like. I don't like that some people do this. I guess I should be glad that  this verse is in the Bible, because the Bible serves as guidance for people to know what God expects of us. God expects us to be a support to our parents and not treat them like they are lucky for the crumbs of time we share with them.

Although some parents leave a will granting money, things, etc. to their children, it doesn't belong to them until their parent passes on God's timing. It is not for the child to devise ways to get those items before that time. Although this verse saddens me, I hope that self-serving children and relatives read it and let it influence their lives to make a change. Whoso robbeth his father or his mother, and saith, It is no transgression: the same is the companion of a destroyer. Proverbs 28:24


Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog