The Great Leak-Part 1

Colossians 3:20 Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord. 21 Fathers provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.

 Although my dad is in a wheelchair and has oxygen, he still likes to get out and see family, when he's healthy enough to go. Actually, sometimes he's not quite healthy enough, but it means so much to him, we try to take him unless the medical staff tells us he shouldn't go.

We had driven through three states to take Dad to eat with his cousins at an Asian restaurant they both like. They had a wonderful time together talking about relatives, things in the past, and just small talk.

We had a great meal. The meal was paid for and we got ready to wheel Dad out. Everyone else was starting to head toward the door. That's when I realized that there was a gigantic puddle underneath my dad's wheelchair. I didn't know what to do. If I cleaned it up in front of Dad's cousins, he would have been mortified. I let my concerns for Dad's dignity override my sense of decency and I wheeled him to the car. 

I had felt terrible about this every time it crosses my mind. I had wished I had the phone number to call the restaurant and apologize for leaving that mess there. It was a terrible thing to do, but I didn't want to destroy the last shreds of dignity my dad has in front of his cousins.

Caregiving Video: A Day in the Life of a Caregiver
By: AARP via You Tube


Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog