The Great Leak-Part 2

There is a generation that curseth their father, and doth not bless their mother. Proverbs 30:11

In the last post, I told about a time six or so months ago when Dad went to eat at an Asian restaurant miles away with his cousins. The post told about when we were wheeling Dad out, we noticed he left a gigantic puddle under his chair. Instead of cleaning it up, I left it because I knew my dad would be mortified if I cleaned it up in front of his cousins.


Well, my dad turned 90 and part of his birthday present, we told him that we would take him to the Asian restaurant to celebrate with any cousins that could make it. He had lost two cousins, since we last met and another was in poor health.

We drove Dad through three states and we got to have dinner and celebrate with his cousin. I asked my husband  privately to take Dad to the restroom to change his briefs, before we ordered the meal. I asked my husband two more times to see if Dad would go to the restroom, but Dad told him, "No," each time. I didn't know what to do, except to be prayerful about everything.

They had a wonderful time talking about the past and the present. Then it came time to pay for the meal, something I had dreaded. I paid the same waitress that we had the previous time. I know she must have been the one to clean up the gigantic puddle. All I could think to do is to apologize. She was so gracious and didn't even bat an eye. She told me she understood, because she used to work in a nursing home. I was so relieved. I apologized in advance, because I was uncertain whether my dad would have another gigantic puddle when we left today, but she was still very gracious. God has put such wonderful, understanding people in our lives and I don't know if I always thank Him enough for it. Fortunately, it turned out that my dad didn't leave a puddle, this time. I felt truly blessed on so many levels.

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: Rick Hoogendoorn -Victoria BC via You Tube



Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog