A Call from the Floor???

Whoever keeps the law is a discerning son, But a companion of gluttons shames his father. Proverbs 28:7 NKJV

I got the strangest call from my dad from the floor of his group home. He would forget he had Parkinson's Disease and would try to walk, but his legs wouldn't cooperate. Dad would end up slip-sliding to the floor.

Now, my dad could have asked one of the staff there to help him and they would have graciously done it. Not my dad. My dad has a hard time asking anyone to help him. It's like asking for help is showing he's an inadequate person. I hate for him to feel that way, so when I got the call, I jumped in the car to drive over to the group home.

The thing is, I still had to ask staff to help me lift Dad off the floor and back into bed. I think it didn't bother Dad so much for me to ask people to help as it did for him to ask for the help. Now, when I get calls periodically that Dad's fallen on the floor. I tell them not to let him know that I'm aware of it, because he feels embarrassed about it. 

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: CaregiversTraining.com, Jose' Silva via You Tube


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog