The Flip Side-Movement

Our fathers trusted in You: They trusted, and You delivered them. Psalm 22:4 NKJV

Well, I had broken my heel while visiting family in another state and now I needed to figure out how to get to the bathroom. They had given me crutches in the ER, it wasn't a good fit for me at that time. Parts of my body were still pretty sore from the initial fall. Fortunately, my family had a walker I could use to get to the bathroom, which was really helpful.

Sometimes I feel like Christ has me need to use the bathroom every two hours as a means of getting the blood to circulate in my injured limb.

Hopping on one leg isn't ideal, but it worked! I wasn't to put any weight on my broken heel for three months or so. Unfortunately, the palms of my hands became raw with the impact of my hopping while holding the walker. A family member helped me brainstorm ideas and lent me his extra thick gloves to wear, which did the trick!

Having to go home soon, several family members helped check out options to get me a walker I could use for the flight. They found a used one at a Salvation Army that had no wheels, at my request. There had been a couple of times the walker wheels had skidded on the floor. Another family member picked it up for me. I am truly blessed to have all of this family support!

This has made me much more mindful that my attitude and actions needed to reflect my gratitude instead of focusing on complaining. This made me prayerfully contemplate my thoughts and actions throughout the healing process.



Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: Jose' Silva, Caregiverstraining, Home Health Care Training Corporation via You Tube


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog