Flip Side-Bed Sores

A wise son makes a father glad, But a foolish man despises his mother. Proverbs 15:20  NKJV 

Over the years, I've heard it's so important to watch so the bedridden don't get bed sores. I know that in different facilities my dad was in, including hospitals, that used to be a big concern and they had to rotate his position in the bed periodically. 

I was told I couldn't put weight on my broken heel for 90 days and I needed to keep my leg propped higher than my heart. It never crossed my mind I would have to deal with this issue, but I did. I spent a month or so in the reclining chair with my leg propped up, except when I went to the restroom.

I started noticing a pain near my tailbone that seemed to get increasingly worse each day. I'd try to move some, so my weight would be disbursed elsewhere, but that wasn't really possible with my leg propped in the air. 

It became increasingly more raw, so I started praying about it. I felt led to put some Aquafor on it. I continued praying about it and rubbed that area with the Aquafor and the raw sores went away. I was worried the sores might come back, because I continued in that same position for some time, but I'm thankful it never did.



Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: Health Apta via Youtube

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog