Flip Side-Clothing

He who spares his rod hates his son, But he who loves him disciplines him promptly. Proverbs 13:24 NKJV

Since I have a broken heel and haven't been able to walk or take care of much of anything, I've been trying to develop a sense of being a Christian Caregivee.

When someone else is doing all your laundry and has to bring your clothes to you, it's important to be mindful of all they do. It worked out that my husband had particular pants, tops, P.J.s, etc. that he would wash for me to wear. It meant I wore the same four or five outfits quite regularly. Asking him to go through my closet every day for four to five months to get me a wider range of outfits would have added to the burden of all he was already doing to take care of me. In my opinion, giving up variety was a very small price to pay for reducing his workload.
What worked well for us is that my husband would bring me my clean clothes and stack them on the shower bench in the bathroom. That way, when I was in there, I could fold them up and put them into the little wheelie travel bag I kept in there. It gave me a certain amount of autonomy which is very important when you have to have people help you with everything. I could go into the bathroom in the mornings and get the clothes out of the wheelie bag. It was just one less time I had to ask him to help me, which made me feel good. It's so important to be mindful of what caregivers go through.


Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: AdaptiveClothing.com via You Tube


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog