The Flip-Side-Appreciating Blessings

A wise son heeds his father's instruction, But a scoffer does not listen to rebuke. Proverbs 13:1 NKJV

An important thing now that my life has temporarily changed, since I had broken my heel and couldn't walk for 90 days, is to appreciate the  many blessings that Christ has given me during this time. First of all, my injury with falling down four stairs could have been so much worse. I could have broken my hip or worse and could have needed surgery. I could have been in extreme pain, but I don't handle pain meds well, so I prayed and asked God to handle the pain and He has and continues to. I did take Regular Strength Tylenol for about five days, as needed plus chopped ginger root for inflamation.

Another of my many blessings, my dad's medical equipment was still at our house and made life so much easier, because everything was good-to-go! I had use of my dad's transport chair, which is something like a light weight wheelchair someone else uses to push you. We primarily used the transport chair for my husband to push me around the Veteran Home halls to go see my dad each week. That brings me to a Major blessing, my husband! He has mostly  very graciously done all the cooking, cleaning, laundry and picking up the grandkiddos from school- which is another major blessing!

Back to the medical equipment. My dad's shower bench was here plus two different walkers, a rollator walker with four large wheels, and a beside commode, which we call a porta-potty. Additionally, some extended family had installed lots of bars in the shower for my dad, which worked out being very helpful for me. We had also put a hand held or regular shower head in that bathroom, which allows me some option, should I need them.

I've been blessed with family that has gone that extra mile to make things easier on me. The list of blessings goes on and on. If you're really prayerful about it, you can see how Christ has provided so many blessings in our lives!

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: Megan Wallace, Bauni Mackay, Dennie Hycha, AHS Channel, via You Tube 


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog