Flip Side-Cleaning the Fridge

Return to your rest, O my soul, For the Lord has dealt bountifully with you. For You have delivered my soul from death, My eyes from tears, And my feet from falling. Psalm 116:7-8 NKJV

I realized as I got stronger, I would have to clean the fridge out to figure out what was in there and where it was. Fortunately for me, my husband bought the groceries, made the food, did the laundry as my broken foot healed. I was truly blessed, but needed to start taking on more responsibility now that I was starting to get stronger.


I sat a chair by the refrigerator and a bowl with water. Also, I had some somewhat flat rimmed boxes on a chair nearby, so I could set the food on them while I cleaned.

In addition to the fridge needing the cleaning after my being incapacitated the majority of six months during the healing process, it was beneficial to know what foods we had and put them in a somewhat orderly location. I should have paced how long I stood a little better, but other than that, things went pretty well. It felt good to have done something productive after all those months.


Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: 100Huntley Street, Jessie Jordan, Denise Lodde, Christine Hopwood, Paul Henderson, Janet Sherman, Jaqueline McPhee, Gail White via You Tube


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog