Startling News!

Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, When it is in the power of your hand to do so. Do not say to your neighbor, "Go, and come back, and tomorrow I will give it," When you have it with you. Proverbs 3:27-28

Dad was still in the hospital with pneumonia and I got a startling phone call. My dad's step-daughter had suddenly passed away. She was so young, it was difficult to believe. When the shock wore off, I realized that her name had been on Dad's house after his wife passed away the year before. Oh, boy, what now????

I prayed and prayed and the answer I felt led to was to help Dad put the house in his son-in-law's and grand-daughter's names, since they lived close to the house and were the ones who were going to be taking care of it and paying the utility bills. Dad agreed to all of that, which was a big relief.

The part that was hardest was what I felt, personally. My step-sister was one of the kindest people you'd want to meet. She and I used to email each other periodically as she helped her mother through her golden years, as I did with Dad. It felt good to have someone else to talk to periodically about things, someone who understood. Someone who also felt that they needed to have our respect and support regardless of the cranky times they might experience with their health issues. I feel such a sense of loss without her. It's like there's this big whole in my heart. Then, I feel so very selfish, because her kids and husband miss her even more. She will truly be missed, but know she is in a better place and we will join her in heaven, some day. 



These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog