Memorial Day Memories

I remember last Memorial Day, which was about a month and a half after Dad passed. I went to Lowes. I looked up and down all the related isles and the front displays to find the plant that was just right to take to put on Dad's grave at the Veteran's Cemetery. I couldn't find the plant I wanted for the longest time. Then, I found it. 

My husband and I drove out to the cemetery the next day, so I could lovingly put that plant on Dad's grave. We had to stop at the information office, so they could tell us which of the winding trails to take to get to Dad's plot.

When we finally got there, it was significant. It mean so much to be able to put that gorgeous plant on Dad's grave. Almost like he would be proud of me, but knew that's not the case. I can't make my dad a false god by talking to him and trying to have a relationship with him after he's dead. I love all the time we had together, but want to make sure that I am always focused on Christ who gave me the wonderful opportunity to have five years with my dad before he passed. I am truly blessed and I'm very thankful!

Care Giving Tips Video: Frontotemporal Dementia
By:Vivien Williams, Sue & Bill & Brad Bishop, Dr. Brad Boeve, Mayo Clinic via You Tube
Always Check with a Doctor before Implementing the Suggestions in a Video!


These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog