A Better Day

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him. 1 Thessalonians 4: 14 

Today was a much better day for my dad. What a difference a good night sleep makes! He was admitted into the hospital two days ago because of severe kidney infection. The first night we spent in the hospital was more difficult, because dad was still disoriented from his infection and fever. 

Neither of us got much sleep. That affected everything yesterday for both my dad and for me. He was cranky and uncooperative and I was overly sensitive, as well. This seemed to cloud all our interactions. Today, we woke up rested. We probably got a good night's sleep, because we were totally exhausted from the night before. 

This gives me a major message for when we return home. It reminds me that normal issues that might arise may be clouded by how tired or how well we are. It reminds me that I shouldn't take things so personally. Sometimes my dad might say things out of frustration because it's the only way he has of convey how he feels about all the changes in his life that he has no control over. I need to continue to focus on how blessed I truly am that God has given me this extra time with my dad. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him. 1 Thessalonians 4: 14 


Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: Sunnybrook Hospital via You Tube



Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog