Flip Side-Seeing Things that Need to Be Cleaned

He will bless those who fear the Lord, Both small and great. May the Lord give you increase more and more, You and your children. Psalm 115:13-14 NKJV

After four years of overseeing my dad's care, because he has Parkinson's Disease, it was the Flip Side, when I had broken my heel and couldn't walk on it for about three months. During this time, I would see things that were accumulating dust or had become dirty.

God let me know that if I drew this to my caregiver's attention, it might make that person feel like I was complaining, when they were already doing so very much during my inability to clean. Although it wasn't always easy, it was better to sit on those observations and save my comments for something that was a 10 in importance to me.

Fortunately for me, Christ would remind me of this periodically when I was tempted to say something that may have come across as being critical or complaining. In the long run, what's a little dust when the tone of the house remains positive?

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: Theresa Hsu, TEDxSingapore, TEDx Talks via You Tube


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog