The Flip Side-Physical Therapy

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, The fruit of the womb is a reward. Psalm 127:3 NKJV

Now, that I was put into an air cast, it was time to start putting an increasing amount of weight on my injured foot. The goal shared with me was to continue to keep adding weight until I no longer needed the walker. The only thing was, I had no idea of how to do it and the P.A. gave me no literature describing the process.

All I could think of was to watch YouTube videos of weight bearing on an injured foot using a walker. The videos for 25% & 50% weight bearing using a walker were very helpful, but there were none I could find for more than that. I started watching the weight bearing videos using crutches, which I finally determined was what I needed to do. 

Well, I tried one crutch like the videos and realized one crutch, as they showed, left me too wobbly. I decided to try using two crutches the next night, but thought I'd be alright trying without someone there to spot me-Big Mistake! I took 1-2 steps with the crutches on my carpet and fell down on my injured foot. Fortunately, shortly before I started walking with the crutches, God had given me the instincts to add more air to my air cast, which might be why there was no further damage to my broken heel.

After examining the X-Ray the next week, the doctor wrote out  a referral for physical therapy. That's what I wanted all along, but didn't speak up for myself much earlier when I should have.

I prayed and asked Christ to give me the physical therapy team that would be best for my healing needs. What an answer to prayer! The wonderful physical therapy team helped move me forward to full weight bearing and walking, despite all my fears of falling. They are currently working to assist me with developing a more normal gait pattern. I have been very blessed!

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: Xtra AgedCare via You Tube


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog