The Flip-Side-Placement of Things

Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them; They shall not be ashamed, But shall speak with their enemies in the gate. Psalm 127:4-5 NKJV 

I have been overseeing my dad's care for the last four years. During that time, it's been important to me to be a Christian Caregiver, making the decisions Christ would want on my dad's behalf. That somewhat changed when I broke my heel and was told I couldn't walk for 90 days. I still oversaw my dad's care, but in addition, I had become a caregivee.

One of the things I think is funny is the placement of things. I have prided myself for conserving space. I utilized every little knook and cranny as a potential storage spot. Pride is one of the many ways Satan sneaks up and tries to trip up Christians!

I wanted a book to read, but I had stored these particular books underneath my nightstand on the floor. That didn't do me any good, because I couldn't get to them and I didn't want to ask my husband, because it's difficult for him to get down on the floor and get up. Well, the magazines I wanted were on the floor underneath my dresser. The wrapping paper I needed was stuffed in a box all the way in the back of the closet in a tight space. Some of the dishes or foods I wanted were on a very low shelf or a very high shelf that I couldn't get to.

All of this has made me prayerfully consider what I need to do now that I am almost better from my I injury. I talked to my husband today about me reorganizing the kitchen, with his assistance. The idea is to look at the placement of things with a new perspective. The goal is to put more frequently used or heavy items at a height that is easy to get to. Things that are used less frequently or are light would be put in the higher and lower cabinets. I would never have thought of this if Christ hadn't given me this new perspective on the placement of things, because of my foot injury. God is definitely good!


Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: Amy Cohn, Amy Alexander, Monkeysee, Home Instead, General Mills via You Tube


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog