The Flip Side-To Being Almost Well

Give to the Lord, O families of the peoples, Give to the Lord glory and strength. Psalm 96:7 NKJV

I couldn't wait for the time when I was well enough to start taking over household chores. My husband had done these things on his own all these many months and I wanted to help do my share. 


The funny thing is, once you start acting like you are better, people think you are, whether you are or not. I know that's a funny thing to say, but I was standing up doing a household project. Something else had to be done and something else, and yet something else. I ended up standing on my legs long after I knew they were aching, but all these things needed to be done and I seemed to be the only viable person, at the time.

People don't always really realize unless that it's their own recuperation, that you may be able to do things for awhile, but need to sit down and rest in between. They don't realize that your body might not be healed enough to complete all of a task, because you look and act like normal. I have to realize that looks are somewhat deceiving and that I can't be resentful to those who don't really understand that my body hasn't built up to have the same stamina to do normal activities that I used to be able to do. 


Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.




Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog