The Flip Side-Caregiving and Remembering What It's Like

Come, you children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the Lord. Psalm 34:11 NKJV

Well, I had overseen my dad's care for the last 4 1/2 years and had a big adjustment to make when I became the caregivee when I broke my heel and couldn't put any weight on it for almost four months.


When I was released from physical therapy, days later, my husband had a back injury, but fortunately, God had me well enough to help care for my husband who had been caring for me all those many months. 

The tricky thing is, my husband didn't always seem very appreciative of my help or suggestions, which is frustrating. Sure, I had recently been through some of this, but my husband wanted to meander through the healing process his own way, not mine! I needed to keep turning this over to God's very capable hands to when I felt hurt by his lack of enthusiasm for my support. Christ helped me realize that my husband wasn't feeling well and it's normal to be cranky, at times. It was good to be reminded of this!


Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: Mary Alexander, Home Instead, monkeysee.com via You Tube 


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog