The Flip Side of Shopping

The father of the righteous shall greatly rejoice: and he that getteth a wise child shall have joy of him. Proverbs 23: 24

When I first started going shopping after mostly healing from my broken heel, I didn't have the stamina to go from one side of the store and back again. I would try walking around the inside of a smaller grocery store several times, to build up my strength. 

Still, some of the bigger stores can wear you slick going back and forth trying to find items. My husband suggested taking a grocery cart and leaning on it as I walked. I was very reluctant to try this, at first. Somehow, it seemed like I was cheating, like I was not building up the muscles in my leg, because I was relying on the cart for support.

I have a friend who is a physical therapist and she said using the cart is really beneficial to build up the muscles. So, I reluctantly tried it until my leg started getting stronger. Now, I most often try to walk across the store without the cart any time I don't have many things to purchase. Of course, when I have a long list, I can still walk along with the cart without leaning on it.

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: caregivinghelp, Patricia Van Meter, Anne Suzuki, Richard E. Powers, Anna Treinkman, Danielle Arends, Andrea K. Bial, Judy Holstein, Scott A. Miller, Ida Wojcicki via You Tube


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog