The Opposite Side of Denial

I've overseen the care of my dad for the last four and a half years. Everything flipped around when I broke my heel and became the caregivee instead of the caregiver. Fortunately for me, my husband was able to care for me while I mended. Then, as I was mostly healed, my husband's back and shoulder started giving him problems and I became the caregiver again.

The thing I quickly found out was that my husband was in denial. He felt that after a treatment or two, he was all better and could do everything the way he had been doing prior to his injury. It seems like it was about a month and a half later, those same issues flared up again. Again, when I suggested altering the way he had been doing things was met with denial, I had to be prayerful about all of this.

In doing so, Christ led me to know that what I was saying may be true, my husband wasn't at the point that he was ready to hear it. He didn't want any suggestions or tips. He just wanted to be cured fast and to be able to return to his normal routine. He didn't want to look at what in his normal routine might be causing this to flare up again. Fortunately, Christ let me know this. Of course, He reminded me of when I was in denial while my heel was healing and wanted to do things my own way, even if my body wasn't ready for it yet. I had realize that I needed to just be supportive and my husband will come to the conclusions he needs in his timing and not mine. This insight that Christ gave me was very helpful information!

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog