Back to Dad-His 91st Birthday

A wise man will hear and increase learning, An a man of understanding will attain wise counsel, Proverbs 1:5

Dad is in the State Veteran's Home, because of his Parkinson's Disease and frequent bouts of pneumonia. He was turning 91 and I wasn't sure what to get him. Last year, we took him on a trip to see some relative out of state. Since I was still on the mend from a broken heel and my husband recently had injured his back, that wasn't an option.

I tried to be prayerful about what would make my dad's 91st birthday special. Then, Christ gave me the idea to contact my sister to come here to celebrate his birthday with him. Although she couldn't stay long, it was wonderful! 

She got to play Solitaire with Dad. She got to have meals with him. She got to be with him which was probably the most significant thing of all. Dad gets to see me every week, but it's been awhile since he's gotten to see my sister. I'm so glad that she got to be here for Dad's 91st birthday. What a surprise for Dad! To top that off, my son popped in to share his birthday greetings!

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog