Dad was so Happy!

Do not devise evil against your neighbor, For he dwells by you for safety's sake. Do not strive with a man without cause, If he has done you no harm. Proverbs 3:29-30

We went to see Dad. He was in the physical therapy room painting a wooden Halloween lantern. (They do such wonderful things with the veterans at Physical Therapy!) My dad was so happy. (In fact, the nurse at the nurses station of his wing had told me earlier that Dad has been especially happy over the last few days.)

We got to have lunch with Dad in the smaller, adjoining dining hall. We hadn't been able to do that for some time, because he had several bouts of pneumonia and didn't feel like going to eat lunch in the adjoining dining hall. To top that off, after lunch, I got to play Solitaire with Dad. We hadn't gotten to play that in a month or so, because of his illnesses. He just hadn't been up to it lately.

I was so pleased about all of this, and then, decided to go ask how much my Dad weighed. The smile went off of my face. Dad weighs only 132 pounds. He had been losing weight, but they tried some things to increase his appetite, but it doesn't sound like they were working. Dad got down to 128 pounds several years ago and gained it back. Although I'm hopeful, I'm not sure that's going to be the case. I was so sad and just wanted to cry. I went to Physical Therapy to tell them how much I appreciate all they do to keep my dad happy and involved in things. I must have looked the way I felt, because one of the female Physical Therapy staff members gave me a couple of hugs. They have been very supportive of Dad all the time he's been there and I feel like God put each and everyone of them there as a special blessing for my dad and for all the other veterans!



These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog