I Wished That I Listened Better

Hear, My children, the instruction of a father, And give attention to know understanding; Proverbs 4:1

This passage reminds me of how my dad used to always tell me not to scuffle my feet when I walk. He used to have me walk back and forth practicing, so that he knew I could walk without scuffling. Unfortunately, the stubborn part of me would deliberately go back to scuffling as soon as Dad wasn't around. I inherited this stubbornness from my dad and not his sense of humor, which would have served me much better over the years!

In hind sight, it would have been beneficial to have listened to Dad instead of walking off in a huff scuffling my feet all the way! I have herniated discs from falling. I broke my heel last year from falling and have fallen other times more than I can count. 

This reminds me of my faith walk with Christ. Christ gives me certain rules to live by and instincts along the way about particular situations. Do I always listen or do I cover my ears and scuffle down the hall out of stubbornness? Unfortunately, I have to say that sometimes I've done the latter, but want to be much more open to listening to my heavenly Father than I have always been to my earthly one!

Caregiver Training: Refusal to Bathe/UCLA Alzheimer's and Dementia Care
by: UCLA Health via You Tube



These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog