Some of Dad's Many Qualities

The wise shall inherit glory, but shame shall be the legacy of fools. Proverbs 3:35

This passage makes me think about what my dad's legacy will be when he's no longer with us. Somehow, I'm hoping that this will help me feel better as my dad slowly loses more weight. 

My dad has always been a very principled man. He lived by those principles and people admired him for it. He, also, has been very loyal. He would stand my someone through thick and thin. My dad has a funny sense of humor, something that I didn't inherit, unfortunately. He can say something and have people rolling in the aisles! He's a real character, at times!

Additionally, my dad is very smart. No, he didn't have a college degree, but he made inventions. He adapted machinery and other things to make it serve a new or better purpose than it originally did. 

Dad has always loved gardening and preserving his produce from his backyard, prior to moving here. Dad loves to play games like Dominoes and Solitaire and has done so with his great-grandchildren. Dad's an excellent strategical player in these games. 

My dad is stubborn to a fault which is both good and bad, at times. This stubbornness keeps my dad from giving up easily on things. Sometimes, I think that's why Dad's lived so long, but then I remember that God is in control of how long we all live. I just feel blessed that I've gotten to spend all this extra time with my dad, stubborn or not! 

Alzheimer's Disease: A Caregiver's Perspective
by: Demystifying Medicine, Zunaira Tariq, Hailey Leroux, Semir Bulle and Shatha Jaber 
via You Tube



These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog