The Holiday Morning I Dreaded...

He who has a slack hand becomes poor, But the hand of the diligent makes rich. He who gathers in summer is a wise son; He who sleeps in harvest is a son who causes shame. Proverbs 10:4-5

Every time it gets near a holiday, I pray and ask God not to take my Dad on that particular date. It's not so much for me, but I think that having their Grandpa pass on a holiday might make that holiday depressing in future years for the younger generations.

I got the call while we were in the hotel at 6:34 a.m. that holiday morning. They had rushed Dad to the local ER, because his oxygen was down to 64 when it's supposed to be at 90 and above and that Dad was saying that he was having difficulty breathing.

This time was different. I prayed and told God that if He wants Dad with Him on this holiday, I wanted His will and not mine. We had stayed at the hotel overnight, so we would be there to spend the holiday morning with Dad and to go eat lunch with him, as that's when they usually celebrate holidays at the Veteran's Home.

I was thinking that being with Dad during his final moments was much more important than any holiday dinners or traditions. I was just thankful that we were close to be there in a matter of minutes. You can understand how delighted I was when the doctor said that they had gotten Dad's oxygen rate back up, had him on steroids and antibiotics and was going to be able to send Dad back to the Veteran's Home to celebrate the holiday with us. Such a blessing!!!!!!!


These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog