An Overwhelming Day-Part 2

1 Thessalonians 3:8 For now we live, if ye stand fast in the Lord.

I had made the plans with the movers to move Dad's bed, night stands, TV, etc. this day from the Assisted Living facility to the group home that he had decided was his new home. They had just pulled up and I got a call from the group home. My dad was throwing up and had diarrhea everywhere. They wanted me there, but the movers were ready to get Dad's things and move them over. I was praying fast between quick decisions, trying to be open to what was best for Dad.

I told the group home that the movers and I would be there in 30-40 minutes. I asked if they could contact the home health service and/or the mobile doctor service that worked with the group home and my dad. I was so thankful they had both in the works.

Fortunately, Dad didn't have many things to move and I had washed down and packed most of the things the day before. It didn't take the two movers very long to pack them up and head over to the group home. As they were wheeling the hospital bed into my dad's room, they were wheeling my sick Dad out of the room to make way for the other bed to be moved out.

Fortunately, the home health and medical professionals found out that the hospital that had recently released my dad hadn't given us a prescription for his antibiotics, which kicked his bowel infection into high gear! I rushed to the pharmacy only to wait 1 1/2 hours while they tried to get the corporate office to give permission to accept my dad's check for the prescription. I had been recently put on the account to pay his bills while in the hospitals and different facilities, but they had company policies to adhere to.

In that 1 1/2 hour period of time, I kept praying because God knew what our needs are and He would take care of them. Eventually, they accepted Dad's check. God worked it out. I finally got back to give them the medicine for my dad. Once he had the antibiotics and the probiotics, so the antibiotics didn't make his stomach upset, he started doing much better. It was a very overwhelming day, but God got us through all of it! 1 Thessalonians 3:8 For now we live, if ye stand fast in the Lord.

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog