Not Beholding to Anyone

Romans 13: 8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. 

Since my dad passed about a year ago, memories drift through my mind. I think it's part of God's way of healing my aching heart, which doesn't quite hurt like it used to. Sometimes someone says something that reminds me of him. Sometimes I hear something on TV, see something that brings all these thoughts flooding back through my mind.

This time it was about my dad always saying not to borrow anything, especially money from anyone. He wanted us to be responsible citizens owing no one, because he knew that when you owe someone you were beholding to them. He knew that you can get overwhelmed with the debt which can come to control your life.

I like that my dad's tip had a Biblical basis, although he never referred to it in that way. I have a feeling that it came from being raised during and after the depression, but it's good advice regardless. My dad was a very smart man and I miss him, but try to remember his wise words!

Care Giving Tips Video: Ten with Teepa-I'm Sorry
By: Teepa's Snow's Positive Approach to Care via You Tube


Always Check with a Doctor before Implementing the Suggestions in a Video!
These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog