A Week Later...Pretty Good, but Not Perfect

Blessings are on the head of the righteous, But violence covers the mouth of the wicked. The memory of the righteous is blessed, But the name of the wicked will rot. Proverbs 10:6-7

After Dad's trip to the ER on the holiday morning, I wasn't sure how long his regained health would last. I knew they put Dad on some steroids and antibiotics, but didn't know if this was a short-term fix or not.

I was so delighted when we saw Dad a week later and he still was doing well. He was up in his wheelchair instead of the bed. He let us take him to the dining room for lunch, which he hadn't been doing lately. He had been mainly wanting to stay in bed.

In addition to this, Dad played cards with me. We play a game of Solitaire that my dad has played for 30-40 years, that's more challenging than most. His focus wasn't quite as good, because Dad was wanting me to put a three of hearts on a four of clubs, but I still enjoyed every minute of the game. Dad was doing pretty good, but not perfect. God's led me to feel the importance of enjoying every minute I have with Dad, regardless!!!!


Care Giving Tips Video: Lewy Body Dementia: Support (4 of 5)
By: Dr. Dennis Dickson, Dr. Tanis Ferman, Mayo Clinic, via YouTube
Always Check with a Doctor before Implementing the Suggestions in a Video!

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog