I'm Glad that God Will Never Leave Us, because I Had Left

Hebrew 13: 5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

While I was eating breakfast next to Dad, as he lay in bed after a major episode the night before, my husband came to see me. He had been staying in the hotel through the night, because I told him that I wanted to spend the night and hold Dad's hand and he should go get some rest, because he had a major dental appointment the next day to get an dental implant.

When I talked to my husband, as I woofed down my breakfast, I talked to him about his appointment. He was determined to drive back the 1 hour to the Veteran's Home as soon as they completed the implant. I didn't want him driving all that way on whatever medications they would give him, so I talked to the Hospice nurse. 

I heard that noise Dad made as he breathed, but she said it was normal. I mentioned that I had read that some people make a breathing noise just before they die (Death Rattle) and asked her if that is what it was without using the term in front of Dad. She said it was. I asked how long we might have, because I didn't want to leave Dad, but I didn't want my husband driving back from the dentist on medications that might affect his driving and safety. She told me that there's usually 24-48 hours. I asked her if that time was from last night's episode or from this morning when Dad started making that noise. She said that it's from when he started breathing like that. We talked and she felt that I could drive my husband to the appointment an hour away and come back and still be able to be with Dad and hold his hand when he passed, but it wasn't to be. Fortunately, God was there with Dad, because He never leaves, nor forsakes us.

Care Giving Tips Video: Living with Lewy Body Dementia
By: Vivian Williams, Richard & Marjorie Zellers, Dr. Tanis Ferrman, Dr. Dennis Dickson, Mayo Clinic via You Tube
Always Check with a Doctor before Imp
lementing the Suggestions in a Video!

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog