Holding Dad's Hand

1 Peter 3:17 For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

We rushed to Dad's bedside and I stayed there holding his hand through the night. Every time I had to go to void, I would used Dad's attached bathroom and ask the Hospice nurse if she could hold onto Dad's hand for me while I used the bathroom. I didn't want my dad's hand to be cold when I withdrew mine to use the lavatory.

When I got finished, I would hold Dad's hand again. At one point, the Hospice nurse went down the hall. When she returned, she asked me if I needed to have her hold Dad's hand, so I could use the bathroom. I told her no, because Dad was holding my hand, at that point. It wasn't that Dad's hand was just laying on my hand and he wasn't squeezing my hand in pain. Dad was holding my hand in a comforting manner which I truly cherish every time I think of it.

When the nurse came in to check on Dad at 6:00, I asked if she would get me a guest tray for breakfast. I thought the gnawing feeling in the pit of my stomach was hunger, but it really was from the stress of everything, but I was so very, very happy to be there with Dad through all of this. 
Care Giving Tips Video: Could it be Lewy Body?
By: Teepa Snow's Positive Approach to Care via You Tube
Always Check with a Doctor before Implementing the Suggestions in a Video!

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog