We Got to Dad as Fast as We Could

Revelation 3:3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

We had gotten the call from the nurse that Thursday night just before we headed to bed, packed our bags and got to Dad in record time, which defies all logic, because it takes an hour to get to the Veteran's Home and we didn't exceed the speed limit. 

They said that Dad had projectile vomiting across the room, but the nurse had cleaned him up and had administered some heavy pain medications to comfort Dad's erratic breathing. I asked him if he was still in pain and he said yes while he gave a slight nod to his head. They administered more heavy pain meds, at that point, while I held Dad's hand.

Dad slowly went off to sleep. He slept peacefully all night as I held his hand. He looked and sounded like Dad normally sleeps, with his mouth open and his breathing sounded very regular. I had hopes that maybe, Dad would be just fine in the morning, but that wasn't to be. I'm so glad I got to be with Dad throughout the night. 


Always Check with a Doctor before Implementing the Suggestions in a Video!


These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog