Cleaning Dad's Room

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin.

We had stayed at the hotel an extra night after Dad passed, so we could clean his room the next day. I didn't want the Veteran's Home staff to have to do it, since they had been so wonderful to my dad. 

I had a friend that lived in the area ask if there was anything she could do to help. She had just lost her husband a few weeks earlier and I didn't want to impose on her gracious nature. I told her that we were heading to the Veteran's Home shortly and I thought we could handle it ourselves, but she could come by and visit, if she'd like to.

Well, first of all, I was running and late, and who do you think greeted us with a warm smile and hug, was this special lady. She followed us to Dad's room and started sorting out things for us which was a tremendous help. I had underestimated how long it should take my husband and I to clean out Dad's room, but we would have never gotten it done by then if it hadn't been for her help. She was amazing. She provided the level of emotional support that we needed, at the time, plus she helped sort things that would have taken forever if we had done it all ourselves. I am so thoughtful that Christ had provided this friend to help us out when I thought we could do it by ourselves. Fortunately God, always sees the big picture and knew we needed help. I'm so very blessed He looks after me and blessed to have such a good friend to be willing to do all of that so soon after her husband's passing!


Care Giving Tips Video: Caregiver Training: Refusal to Take Medication
By: Stacey, Michelle Panlilio N.P., UCLA Alzheimer's & Dementia Care Program via You Tube
Always Check with a Doctor before Implementing the Suggestions in a Video!

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog