I Left and Tried to Make It Back in Time

John 14: 27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

I was trying to hurry back after my husband's dentist appointment, so I could go back to holding Dad's hand at his bedside. The Hospice nurse called when we had only traveled about 15 miles. She told me that Dad only had minutes. I told her to ask Dad to hold on, because we were on the way there to be with him. Five minutes later, the Hospice nurse called and told me that Dad had passed away peacefully. 

We finally got there and the Hospice nurse and Veteran's Home nurses were there to comfort me. I kept saying that we were trying so hard to get back to be with Dad before he passed, but couldn't make it back in time.

One of the Veteran's Home nurses said that she thinks that Dad passed while we were gone, because he wanted to spare me the pain of being there at his death. I thought about it, and it sounded exactly like something my dad would do. He always tried to protect me and I love him dearly for that! Later, I thought that even if Dad hadn't done that, my heavenly Father did, because the timing of Dad's passing was in His hands, so God was trying to spare me the pain fo being there when Dad actually passed.


Care Giving Video: Links Between Alzheimer's Disease Pathology and Lewy Body Dementia
By: Olga Borejko, University of Exeter via You Tube
Always Check with a Doctor before Implementing the Suggestions in a Video!

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog