Banking Issues

Revelation 21: 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes: and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

I had read some years ago, that you are supposed to go to the bank right after someone passes to tell them to send back the person's Social Security check and any other checks they may have received, so you don't get in trouble. I think the implication was that some people kept the money that was sent that month and didn't have any plans of returning it to the issuing entity.

After I found out that my bank does not return the checks, I did some banking things on Dad's accounts, since I was also on his accounts. I put the two accounts into one. I started the procedures to divide the remaining assets equally between Dad's three children.

Then, I asked the bank manager if I had to get new checks on Dad's account. I had been doing well until I tried to explain. I told her that I wanted to continue to use the same checks with Dad's and my name on them, because I didn't want to take Dad's name off of the checks. I thought I was going to start bawling right then and there, but was just leaky around the edges. The bank manager was very gracious about it. I need to continue to remember to turn my grief over to Christ's very capable hands.

Care Giving Tips Video:
By: 
Always Check with a Doctor before Implementing the Suggestions in a Video!

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog