Dividing Up Things

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth My word, and believeth on Him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

If felt it was my place to take Dad's remaining objects, certificates, etc. and divide them among his grandchildren, so they had keepsakes of his. It became an all consuming project. I couldn't go to sleep until late, because I wanted to get it divided up and mark that off my list of things I wanted to do for Dad. 

Next, was the packing it up. I thought it wouldn't take long, but took much longer than I ever anticipated. Again, I approached this task with vigor and barely stopped to eat. I felt that when I had mailed off all the boxes to the relatives and had written the thank you cards, I would feel relieved. 

I did feel relieved, because I wanted to do it for Dad. It didn't stop the grief, though, which seems to come out when I least expect it. I'm finding that it especially comes out when I have to explain things to other people. I don't seem to feel it as much when I don't have to explain things. I think I'm possibly trying to stay busy, busy, busy, too busy to feel. I've got to keep remembering to turn my grief over to my Lord and Savior. He knows what I need.


Care Giving Tips Video:
By: 
Always Check with a Doctor before Implementing the Suggestions in a Video!

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog