That Wasn't What Christ or My Dad Would Have Wanted

Matthew 5: 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you: 45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for He maketh His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? Do not even the publicans the same?

After Dad had passed, they had a procession at the Veteran's Home and the majority of the staff came to witness Dad's final departure from the Veteran's Home. It was extremely moving, a tribute fit for a veteran.

After it was over, the majority of the staff standing outside came up and gave me a hug, whether I knew them or not. I told each of them, "Thank you for all you did for my Dad and all the other veterans." I said that regardless, because some of those people might have worked with Dad on different shifts, so I wanted to make sure I acknowledged all they did.

I could see this one administrative person standing down at the end of the other staff. It quickly flashed back that this person was the one who continued to try to deny my dad Physical Therapy service and want him to go on Hospice services way before it was ever necessary. I have to admit that I had a flash of resentment when I saw him there. All the other administrators and physical therapy staff were outstanding, like extended family. I was surprised when he came up to give me a hug. For a split second I wanted to be Catty, it seemed so very hypocritical that he should be there, but I knew that wasn't what Christ or my dad would have wanted, so I gave him a hug and said, "Thank you for all you did for my Dad and all the other veterans." There would have been a time when I would have eaten over something like this or held on to resentments, but Christ didn't want that either. I left feeling good that Dad will join God in heaven and I had no remorse about the interaction with that administrator.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse/s. Debbie

Care Giving Tips Video:
By: 
Always Check with a Doctor before Implementing the Suggestions in a Video!


These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog