My Cousin is Losing Too Much Weight!

Mark 8: 35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for My sake and the gospel’s, the same shall save it.

I picked this Bible verse, because it had the word "lose" in it, because my focus is on my cousin's weight loss. When I selected the verse, I realized that it's much more appropriate for this topic on another level.

My second cousin has been in a downward spiral for some time now. I love her dearly, but she keeps weighing less and less and has other medical issues which deplete her body of any life saving nutrition. It's hard to know someone you love is declining. I was so upset when my dad went below 120 pounds, and my cousin told me that she weighs only 86 pounds.

I remember the hospital dietitian who was upset with me for not signing for a feeding tube for my dad, but ultimately, that's not what he wanted. In talking to my cousin, I mentioned some medication my dad was on to increase his appetite and asked if she would be willing to take something like that, and she was. At the time, I didn't realize she already was on something of that nature. Since we were on the topic, I asked her how she felt about the possibility of having a feeding tube and she didn't feel like she needed one.  I mainly asked these questions to share this information with my cousin's care giver, her other cousin. I didn't want her to be backed into a corner the way I was, trying to defend not signing for a feeding tube for my dad. 

Care Giving Tips Video: Olive's Story: Living with Vascular Dementia
By: Olive and Ronnie, AlzheimersResearch UK via You Tube

Always Check with a Doctor before Implementing the Suggestions in a Video!

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog