When the Memories Aren't Always Positive

Recently, I've been blessed with several things that have happened to bring back positive memories of my dad, who has passed. What if those memories aren't always so positive?

Someone made a comment about when they did the dishes when they were younger. It was all too easy for this negative memory about how critical my dad was when I didn't do a good enough job washing the dishes. I know it's a small thing and the dishes have to be clean, but it wasn't one of the positive memories I have of my childhood.

It's kind of amazing the way Christ works in my life. I had a feeling that I don't have to focus on the negative things, and it was like I had said, "Stop!" and the negative memory left, not five minutes or two hours later. Additionally, Christ had it that I was able to focus on something else, where my mind didn't drift back to that negative memory. I am very blessed!


Always Check with a Doctor before Implementing the Suggestions in a Video!
These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog