Daddy, Why Is He So Black?

2 Timothy 2: 23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. 24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 

My dad used to love telling me that I put him in the strangest of predicaments by the questions I used to ask him when I was little. When you think of them, they are normal things for a child to wonder, but I didn't pick my timing well.

My dad used to tell me about the time I came up to him in a grocery store and tugged on his pants. He told me that I said, "Daddy, Daddy, why is that man so black?" and I pointed to a black man standing nearby who was taller, bigger, and stronger than he was. He tried to shush me, but I wouldn't be quieted. I kept asking him. 

I lived in a community who didn't have many black residents, so this was new to me. The interesting thing is that my parents raised me to be respectful of blacks and other minorities, but I think that my dad was concerned about hurting the other man's feelings or making him feel uncomfortable.  The interesting thing was that the man near my dad, understood the predicament my dad was in, because I kept tugging at his trousers continuing to ask the same question and he gave a good-hearted chuckle and smiled at my dad. I never heard either of my parents use racial slurs or talk in any derogatory ways about minorities when I was growing up, something I passed on to my children. 

Care Giving Tips Video: What Is Dementia-Alzheimer's Society (3)
By: Alzheimer's Society via You Tube


Always Check with a Doctor before Implementing the Suggestions in a Video!
These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog