First Anniversary of Dad's Passing

I knew the date was coming. I wasn't exactly dreading the first anniversary of Dad's passing, but I wasn't sure how I would respond to it. I had initially thought last year, when the anniversary of Dad's came around or his birthday, I would go out for a Chicken Fried Steak in Dad's memory, since it was one of Dad's absolute favorites.  Actually, this is what my husband and I did the day Dad passed last year, so it seemed a fitting thing to do on future occasions. 

Well, as the date approached, I knew we couldn't go out to have Chicken Fried Steak in Dad's memory, because most restaurants are closed down due to the COVID 19 Social Distancing. I realize that some restaurants at that point, would allow a person to call and order in and get curbside pick-up. We were trying to err on the side of safety and avoid curbside pick-up to be more aligned with what the medical professionals were saying were best practices during the COVID Pandemic.

About a week before the anniversary of Dad's passing, I got an envelope requesting donations for Meals on Wheels. I figured that was the perfect thing to do. I could make a donation in Dad's memory and it would help ensure that other seniors get meals during this time of Social Distancing. When my dad still lived with us, he enjoyed getting Meals on Wheels deliveries, because it gave him more variety than I could provide for him. Plus, there was the added benefit that he got to talk to the delivery person, some. On the evening of the anniversary, I passed a text on to my kids and nieces and nephews to tell them a donation was made in memory of their Grandpa, since we couldn't go out for Chicken Fried Steak in his memory. I think they all felt it was a very fitting thing to do on their Grandpa's behalf!

Care Giving Tips Video: Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia, Explained by Dr. Frank Longo
By: Dr. Frank Longo, Stanford Health Care via You Tube


Always Check with a Doctor before Implementing the Suggestions in a Video!
These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog